Monday 2 April 2012

Scrap Swap Anyone?


We all love a good scrap swap, don't we?  It's a great way to mix up your stash at a very low cost to all participants.  Want to get involved?

The idea is this: Each person will take a fat quarter-worth of their scraps and put them into the post to me (Cindy) along with a self addressed, stamped return envelope.  I will mix them all up and re-distribute them to each participant so you get a fresh fat quarter-worth of scraps back in the post.  Don't worry, you will not get your scraps back...I'll keep track of who sent in what.  To play along, just leave a comment below so I know to expect your fabric in the post.

The rules:

  • Only modern, quilt shop quality fabric is to be entered.  100% cotton only, please.  
  • Fabric should have bright, lively, colorful prints or bold solids.
  • Scraps should be larger than 2 1/2 by 2 1/2 inches square.
  • Scraps must be received by Cindy no later than 30 April 2012.
  • To save on shipping, this swap is only open to those living on the island of Ireland.
  • Include a stamped, self addressed return envelope for those living in ROI.
  • Folks in NI, email me and we can work out return shipping via paypal or swap a FQ or something...
  • Open to MQG Ireland members only.  If you'd like to join, please head here and complete a registration form.
  • If you want to send in two FQ-worth of scraps and receive two in the post, feel free.
Now let's get swapping!


11 comments:

  1. I'll be getting on to this straight away!

    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in!, I don't think I ever filled the form, I am on my way to do it now. This is going to be my first swap, I am so excited!!!!!!!!!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay sounds like fun, will be sorting scraps as of now :)
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay sounds like fun, will be sorting scraps as of now :)
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'll join in this...I missed the bee...oh no!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have a look at my scraps and make sure I have enough to participate!

    ReplyDelete